Tabouli Salad with Quinoa
Although there are over 30 varieties of parsley, the most popular ones you'll come across are flat lead and curly leaf. One tablespoon of the fresh herb has just one calorie, but contains a hefty dose of vitamin K with 75 percent of your recommended daily value! It also contains smaller amounts of vitamins A and C, folate, potassium, calcium, and iron.
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup de-stemmed and shredded parsley
- 1 medium tomato, finely diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- A bit of ground black pepper
- Place cooked quinoa in a large bowl.
- Add shredded parsley, tomato, onion, and bell pepper to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice and olive oil, blend vigorously.
- Add the dressing to the quinoa and mix thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Recipe provided by Lisa Johnson, writer for TrueFoodMovement.
Per serving: 236 kcal cal., 14 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 113 mg sodium, 4 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 5 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet