The Best Roasted Carrots
Roasted carrots are naturally sweet and delicious, and don't wreak havoc on the gut like some other tough-to-digest vegetables. Using coconut oil and garlic salt for flavor, this recipe is a great way to get your veggies without upsetting your stomach.
- 1 1/2 pounds whole carrots
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil (can also use melted butter or olive oil)
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt (use regular salt if on a low-FODMAP diet)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the carrots with oil, then spread them on a large baking sheet or cast iron skillet.
- Season with garlic salt on both sides.
- Pop in the oven and roast for about 45-50 minutes, until completely tender in the middle. No need to turn them.
- This recipe is provided by Dana Monsees for Further Food.
Per serving: 128 kcal cal., 7 g fat (6 g sat. fat), 16 g carb., 5 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 2 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet