The Only Muffin Recipe You Need
Muffins are like a blank canvas. If you have a solid recipe for the batter, then you can customize them with any type of add-ins you want, from fruit to nuts. Here, our recipes editor has whipped up the only muffin mix you'll ever need (bookmark this one, guys). And if you're wondering, our top add-ins are chocolate-almond, lemon-ginger and fresh raspberry.
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons neutral oil (like coconut, peanut or vegetable)
- add-in of your choice (like fresh fruit, chopped nuts, chocolate chunks or a mixture of these)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar to combine, about 15 to 20 seconds.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and pour in the eggs, milk, melted butter and oil. Whisk to combine, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold in the add-ins of your choice until evenly incorporated, about 1 minute more.
- Divide batter evenly between the prepared muffin tins, filling about 3/4 way full. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool at least 15 minutes before serving. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- This recipe originally appeared on PureWow.