Thyme-Infused Avua Cachaca Juice
Avua Cachaca is a type of distilled spirit made from sugarcane juice. Infusing with thyme offers a uniquely seasoned sweetness to the drink.
- 750 milliliters Avua Cachaca
- Handful (about 1 1/2 pound) of thyme, plus more for garnish
- 3 slices of cucumber, 1/4-inch thick
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce raw honey
- To infuse the alcohol, combine Avua Cachaca and thyme. Twist the thyme over the quart container before dumping it in. Cover, and then let it sit in a dark space for 48 hours. Strain the thyme pulp out of the infused cachaca. Throw away the pulp. The thyme-infused cachaca will now have a middle/ dark green color to it as opposed to the original clear color.
- For the cocktail, muddle cucumber. Add 1 1/2 ounces of thyme-infused Avua cachaca, lemon juice, and raw honey. Shake vigorously with ice and strain in to a coupe glass. Add piece of three-inch thyme as a garnish if desired.
- Recipe provided by Darrow's Farm Fresh in New York City.