Tofu, Hummus, and Beet Stack
This quick snack is not only easy to make, but really pretty, too.
- 2 3.5 oz. squares of firm tofu
- 1/2 beet (skin removed and grated)
- 1 can of chickpeas (washed)
- Juice from a large wedge of lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Avocado slices for garnish
- In large mixing bowl, add chickpeas, 1 tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Mash until thick and chunky.
- Season tofu and cook on medium heat in oil for a minute or so on all sides.
- Serve by building a stack: tofu patty, spoonful of hummus, beet, and avocado slices.
- Recipe courtesy of Good to Glow - Feel-Good Food by Tali Shine and Steph Adams, published by teNeues
- Image credit: Patrycia Lukas