Tortilla de Patatas (Potato Omelet)
Whip up this Spanish-style potato omelet at your next Sunday brunch!
- 10 ounces Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced into half rings
- 3 eggs
- Dash olive oil
- Green pepper and mushrooms (optional)
- Peel and rinse the potatoes; dice them thinly.
- Peel the onion and cut into half rings.
- Fry the potatoes in plenty of hot oil. Add the onion into the frying pan when the potatoes are half done.
- Leave over medium heat until both the potatoes and the onion are well done. Set aside over absorbent paper.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and season with salt. Pour the drained potatoes and onion in the bowl and mix.
- Remove the excess oil from the pan. Pour the mixture over the heated pan and cook until the bottom starts to brown.
- Flip it over (using a plate) and gently slide the tortilla into the pan again so the uncooked part is face down and finish cooking.
- Push down on the top to test it. The firmer it is, the more cooked it will be.
- Nutritional information does not include optional green pepper or mushrooms.
Per serving: 122 kcal cal., 4 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 16 g carb., 1 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 7 g pro., 35 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet