Traditional Fish Soup With Vegetables
This savory seafood stew takes just 20 minutes to make!
- 6 cups low-sodium, nonfat chicken or vegetable broth (or water)
- 4 small red potatoes (about 1 pound), cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced into rounds
- 2 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2 -inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound white fish fillets (cod, red snapper, halibut or sea bass or a combination), cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large stockpot, combine broth, vegetables, thyme, bay leaves and olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes.
- Add fish, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, until vegetables are tender and fish is cooked through.
- Discard thyme sprigs and bay leaves, season with salt and pepper and serve hot.
- Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
Per serving: 351 kcal cal., 7 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 525 mg sodium, 6 g fiber, 6 g sugar, 32 g pro., 85 mg calcium, 3 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet