Tri-Color Pepper Bruschetta
Score mega presentation points at your next dinner party with this colorful twist on traditional Italian garlic bread.
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 yellow and 1 green bell pepper
- 4 large shallots, unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon red wine or balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn, plus extra whole leaves for garnish
- 4 slice (4 ounces) Ciabatta, semolina, or French bread
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- On a broiler pan 6 inches from heat, broil the shallots for 8 minutes and peppers for 15-20 minutes or until charred and just tender, turning as they blacken.
- Place the peppers in a brown bag or bowl. Close or cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Peel off the skin using paper towels; remove stems, seeds.
- Peel the shallots.
- Cut the peppers into 1/2-inch cubes; chop shallots.
- Toss with vinegar, salt, pepper, and 2 teaspoons of oil (can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 2 days). Stir in the basil.
- Rub bread with cut garlic and brush lightly with the remaining oil.
- Grill or broil until toasted (about 2-5 minutes).
- Spoon pepper mixture over the bread and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Per serving: 161 kcal cal., 4 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 27 g carb., 3 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 5 g pro., 35 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet