Tuna and White Bean Salad
- 1 cup string beans, washed and ends trimmed
- 1 6 ounce can water packed tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup celery, thinly chopped
- 1/2 cup canned white beans (Canellini), drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- 2 cups arugula
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add string beans and cook for 3 minutes, until al dente. Drain and place beans in a bowl of ice water to prevent further cooking.
- When fully cooled, remove beans, dry, and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Add tuna to a large bowl and gently break up the pieces with a fork. Add string beans, onion, celery, white beans, oil, vinegar, and parsley and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place arugula on a large serving platter and top with tuna salad.
Per serving: 240 kcal cal., 5 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 22 g carb., 6 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 28 g pro., 125 mg calcium, 4 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet