Ultimate Power Balls
These power balls are made from puffed kamut, which can be found in health food stores in the cereal aisle. Kamut is an ancient form of wheat and has a rich, nutty flavor. It's also a great source of protein and packed with energy boosting B-vitamins.
- 1/2 cup puffed millet
- 1 cup puffed kamut or puffed rice
- 1/2 cup diced dried plums
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup sunflower butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- In a large bowl, toss together the puffed millet and puffed kamut or rice. Add the dried plums, chocolate chips, and sesame seeds.
- Stir in the sunflower butter and the honey. You should have a nice sticky mess! Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place the coconut in a small bowl. Using a tablespoon, scoop the mixture and form it into 1-inch balls with your hands. Roll the balls in the coconut and transfer to a container. You can store the power balls in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or in the freezer in a zip-top freezer bag for up to 1 month.
- Recipe provided by Frances Largeman-Roth, R.D., author of Eating in Color: Delicious, Healthy Recipes for You and Your Family.
Per serving: 86 kcal cal., 4.9 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 13 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 1.4 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet