Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse
Silken tofu is the secret to making this vegan mousse thick and creamy.
- 3/4 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 package Nasoya Silken Tofu
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Sea salt
- 2 tablespoons evaporated cane sugar
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts or pecan pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons neutral oil
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or in a metal bowl over a small pot filled with about 1 inch of water. Let chocolate chips melt for about 3 minutes then stir until all chips are melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine tofu, maple syrup, peanut butter, melted chocolate, vanilla and almond extracts, 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon and a dash of sea salt. Blend until mixture is uniform and creamy. Transfer mousse mixture to a bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight for a thick consistency.
- Prepare the topping: Add sugar, nuts, oil, a pinch of cinnamon and a dash of sea salt to a food processor and pulse 7-10 times, or until well ground. To serve, place a small amount of mousse into a dessert cup or bowl and sprinkle with crunchy toppings.
- Adapted with permission from Nasoya
- Photo credit: Nasoya