Vegan Coconut Whipped Cream
Top pies, ice cream, and more with this rich non-dairy topping.
- 1 13 1/2 ounce can coconut milk, chilled, not stirred
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- Chill bowl and whisk of a stand mixer in freezer for 10 minutes or until very cold.
- Using a spoon, separate solidified coconut cream from coconut milk and transfer solids to bowl, being careful not to include any coconut water. Add powdered sugar and whip for several minutes until mixture begins to stiffen and turn into whipped cream. Transfer to a covered container and chill in refrigerator for 3 hours or overnight before serving.
- The colder your kitchen and equipment are, the better your whipped cream will hold up. Work quickly to keep everything cool.
- Recipe reprinted with permission from Chloe's Vegan Desserts, published by Atria Books, a division of Simon & Schuster, Inc.
Per serving: 93 kcal cal., 4 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 85 g carb., 78 g sugar. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet