Vegan Tofu Stir Fry
This light stir fry is not drowned in sauce, so the crisp veggies and tofu really shine.
Tofu and Vegetables:
- 1 medium package firm or extra firm tofu
- 1 cup green beans (chopped)
- 1 cup carrots (diced
- 1 cup baby corns
- 1 cup kale (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil (or peanut or coconut)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium, gluten-free tamari soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (grated)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Brown rice to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Remove tofu from package. Drain and place between two thick paper towels. Then place a plate or bowl on top along with something heavy like a book.
- Let tofu dry for about 15 minutes, changing paper towels if they get too wet. Slice tofu into cubes.
- Arrange tofu on baking sheet and bake for total of 30-35 minutes, flipping once halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- Once tofu is golden brown and a bit firm, remove from the oven and set out to dry.
- In small mixing bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Place pan on medium heat, add sesame oil. Next, add veggies and toss to coat.
- Cook 5-7 minutes, stirring often. When vegetables are softened and have some color, add sauce and stir. Then add tofu and stir for another 3-5 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice.
- Recipe courtesy of Good to Glow - Feel-Good Food by Tali Shine and Steph Adams, published by teNeues
- Image credit: Patrycia Lukas