Vegetable and Turkey Meatball Recipe
Sneak more veggies in your diet with this turkey meatball recipe. Replacing bread with veggies gives these turkey meatballs a nutrient boost.
- 1 pound vegetable slaw like Mann's Broccoli Cole Slaw
- 1 pound ground turkey, or lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 5 teaspoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons dry Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic & herb salt-free seasoning
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pierce the bag of vegetable slaw with a knife and place in microwave oven. Microwave on high for 7 minutes or until veggies are tender (let vegetables cool before adding to other ingredients).
- In a large bowl add all the above ingredients and mix until well combined. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Using a standard ice cream scoop or your hands make 16 meatballs and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake in 350-degree oven for 30 minutes turning once.
- These meatballs are great served plain, with marinara sauce, in soup or as a hot sandwich.
Per serving: 123 kcal cal., 7 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 1 g carb., 0 g fiber, 0 g sugar, 13 g pro., 34 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet