Warm Spinach Salad with Grilled Shrimp, Almonds, and Dried Cranberries
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounces raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 packets of Splenda
- 1 package baby spinach (about 10 ounces)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- Coat a medium saucepan with nonstick spray and place over medium-high heat. Cook onion in the pan for 2 to 3 minutes; add garlic and cook for an additional 15 to 30 seconds.
- Toss in shrimp and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are bright pink. Add cranberries and vinegar, and deglaze the pan by lightly scraping up the brown bits from the bottom. Stir in salt, pepper, and sweetener.
- Place the spinach in a large bowl; pour the mixture over the leaves and toss to coat. Add almonds and feta cheese and toss. Transfer to individual plates or bowl to serve.
Per serving: 346 kcal cal., 13 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 640 mg sodium, 6 g fiber, 16 g sugar, 32 g pro., 337 mg calcium, 7 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet