Watermelon Gazpacho Recipe
Chilled fruit soup is refreshing and takes only minutes to whip up.
- 4 cups watermelon, chopped and seeded
- 1/3 cup cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1/2 cup apple, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint, chopped (optional)
- Start off by pureeing 3 cups of watermelon and cranberry juice in the blender. Then strain the mixture through a sieve into a large bowl.
- Stir in the remaining watermelon, cucumber, apple, lime juice, sherry vinegar, and salt. Cover and refrigerate until chilled--this should take about one hour.
- Finally, garnish with mint and serve at your healthy meals with fresh bread.
Per serving: 67 kcal cal., 0 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 17 g carb., 1 g fiber, 14 g sugar, 1 g pro., 17 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet