Whole Wheat Penne with Roasted Tomatoes, Asparagus, and Leeks
This easy supper combines penne with delicious roasted veggies. Adding lemon zest, basil, and Parmesen at the end of cooking gives the dish bright, bold flavor.
- Cooking spray
- 2 pounds uncooked asparagus
- 2 medium uncooked leeks
- 6 cups cherry fresh ingredients
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat pasta, penne
- table salt
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- cup shredded Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Cut leeks lengthwise and soak in a bowl of water; rinse well to remove dirt and cut white and light green parts into1-inch pieces. Trim asparagus; cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Toss asparagus, leeks, and tomatoes with oil, kosher salt, and pepper; spread evenly on prepared baking sheets. Roast, stirring once halfway through, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook penne according to package instructions; reserve 1/4 cup pasta cooking water and then drain pasta.
- In a serving bowl, toss together penne, cooking water, roasted vegetables, basil, garlic, and lemon zest; garnish with Parmesan.
- Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers
Per serving: 276 kcal cal., 7.5 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 45 g carb., 9 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 13 g pro., 24 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet