Whole-Wheat Shells with Chickpeas and Arugula
Use baby arugula for this dish if you can; the flavor is more mellow.
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat shells
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 3/4 cups cooked chickpeas (about one 15-ounce can)
- 4 packed cups arugula, chopped
- 1/3 cup packed golden raisins
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 4 ounces crumbled feta
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add shells and cook about 8 minutes, or until tender but still al dente.
- Drain and transfer to a medium-large bowl. Immediately drizzle with olive oil and toss to distribute.
- While pasta is still hot, add chickpeas, arugula, raisins, and tomatoes and toss gently.
- Cool to room temperature, then stir in feta. Taste and add salt (feta tends to be salty, so go easy) and black pepper, if desired. Top with toasted walnuts, if using, and serve.
- Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving, but does not include optional walnuts.
Per serving: 560 kcal cal., 20 g fat (6 g sat. fat), 82 g carb., 11 g fiber, 10 g sugar, 19 g pro., 219 mg calcium, 3 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet