Yogurt-Mint Marinated Chicken
This Middle Eastern-inspired dish is seasoned with hints of ginger and other surprising spices.
- 5 chicken breast halves, skinned
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Rinse chicken under cold water. Place in a large bowl and rub with salt and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Blend remaining ingredients. Toss well to mix, then coat chicken. Seal bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes.
- Nutritional information is based on using 20oz of chicken breast halves.
Per serving: 234 kcal cal., 11 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 335 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 26 g pro., 128 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet