Zucchini Coconut Chocolate Cookies
Give chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies a tropical twist with a nutritional kick to boot.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine coconut oil and sugars, mixing until smooth. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix. Add zucchini and mix until combined. Slowly add flour mixture until just combined. Stir in oats, coconut, and chocolate chips.
- Drop cookie dough by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are slightly golden around edges and set. Remove cookies from pans and cool completely on wire racks before serving.
- Recipe provided by Maria Lichty of TwoPeasAndTheirPod.com
- Nutrition information based on 1 cookie.
Per serving: 105 kcal cal., 4.5 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 15 g carb., 1 g fiber, 2 g pro., 6 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet