Zucchini Pasta with Creamy Cheese Sauce
Mac and cheese without noodles or dairy? Yes, it's possible. And this version won't leave you with that heavy, sluggish feeling like the boxed kind can.
- 6 small zucchinis
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup raw nut milk
- 3 dates
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons miso
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (optional)
- 2 tablespoons mustard (optional)
- Spiralize zucchini or cut into noodles using a vegetable peeler. Place zucchini and sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl.
- Blend remaining ingredients in a blender, adding salt and pepper to taste, until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings if desired. Sauce should be pretty thick because it thins out once added to noodles. Mix sauce with noodles and tomatoes and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Recipe provided by Emily von Euw of ThisRawsomeVeganLife
Per serving: 256 kcal cal., 12 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 711 mg sodium, 7 g fiber, 10 g pro., 111 mg calcium, 3 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet