Plantain Noodles with Avocado, Corn, and Chipotle Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 medium-ripe plantains, peeled
- 1 ear of corn, shucked
- 1 avocado
- 2 eggs
For the chipotle yogurt:
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce + 1/2 teaspoon sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add in the coconut oil. Once oil heats, add in the plantain noodles and season with salt and pepper. Cover and let cool, tossing occasionally for 10-15 minutes or until noodles turn a deep golden yellow. If the noodles begin to burn, uncover and toss frequently.
- While noodles cook, place an ear of corn in a medium saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, let cook for another 2-3 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork and then drain into a colander. Shave the corn off with a knife and set aside.
- Also while noodles cook, peel and cube the avocado and set aside.
- Also while noodles cook, place all of the ingredients for the chipotle yogurt into a food processor and pulse until creamy (or finely dice the chipotle pepper and then whisk in a bowl with all ingredients.) Set aside.
- Once noodles are cooked, place the noodles in a bowl with the avocado and corn. Place the same skillet back over medium heat and crack in the eggs. Cook sunny side up or over easy, to your preference.
- Divide the noodle mixture and top each with an egg and a dollop of the chipotle yogurt.
- Reprinted from Inspiralize Everything. Copyright © 2016 by Alissandra Maffucci. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, an imprint of Penguin Random House, LLC.