Yesterday the Mediterranean Diet was recognized by U.S. News & World Report for being the second-best Overall Diet. (The number one for Best Overall Diet was the DASH Diet.) While most of us know that the Mediterranean Diet consists of eating a lot of olive oil and fish, many are not aware of the variety of foods and dishes you can make that meet the Mediterranean Diet guidelines. Check out our favorite Mediterranean Diet recipes!
5 Delicious Mediterranean Diet Recipes:
1. Hearty Mediterranean Salad with Balsamic Chicken. This mouth-watering dish is high in protein and oh-so high in flavor, too!
2. Roasted Herb Salmon. Pair heart-healthy salmon with a mix of Mediterranean veggies, like spinach, zucchini, or eggplant, for a meal with plenty of fiber, protein, and omega-3s.
3. Mediterranean Herb Shrimp with Penne. Unlike some of those other diets, the Mediterranean Diet lets you have a good amount of healthy carbs. Make this pasta dish with whole-wheat penne for even more health benefits!
4. Cat Cora's Tuna Nicoise Lettuce Wraps. This delicious and creative salad includes veggies, nicoise olives, tomatoes, green beans, and red potatoes. Perfect for a weekend lunch!
5. Pasta with Basil Tapenade. Basil, herbs, and kalamata olives impart this pasta recipe with all the healthy and robust flavors of the Mediterranean.
Remember, wine in moderation is included in the Mediterranean Diet, so feel free to have a glass of red vino with your delicious Mediterranean meal.