Top 5 Foods You Can Eat While on the DASH Diet
Today U.S. News & World Report listed the DASH Diet as the Best Overall Diet and the Best Diabetes Diet. Never heard of DASH? It's been around for years and stands for "Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension." Recommended by the National Institutes of Health and the American Heart Association, this low-sodium diet is based on eating foods with plenty of fruits and vegetables, low-fat or non-fat dairy and whole grains. And as you can see from some recipes that match criteria for the DASH Diet, it can be a healthy — and delicious — way to eat food!
5 DASH Diet Recipes
1. Maple-Glazed Apples with Spiced Yogurt and Granola. This yogurt recipe is perfect for breakfast!
2. Savory Butternut Squash Gratin. Skip the potatoes and instead enjoy this DASH-Diet approved veggie-based dish.
3. Stir-Fried Ginger Beef with Broccoli and Mushrooms. Think you can't eat Chinese food when following the DASH diet? Think again with this recipe!
4. Greek-Style Pizza with Ricotta and Feta. Way more filling than delivery pizza, you can feel good about making this dish.
5. Confetti Burgers with Cilantro Sauce. Make these burgers for your next summer grill out!
The DASH Diet is delicious!
Jennipher Walters is the CEO and co-founder of the healthy living websites FitBottomedGirls.com and FitBottomedMamas.com. A certified personal trainer, lifestyle and weight management coach and group exercise instructor, she also holds an MA in health journalism and regularly writes about all things fitness and wellness for various online publications.