5 Health Benefits of the Paleo Diet
The Paleo Diet has been called the caveman (or cavewoman diet, in this case) diet with good reason: it's based on the diet that our primal ancestors lived on back before wheat was harvested and there was a McDonald's in every town. While there are definitely cons to the Paelo Diet, there are also some health benefits to eating like humans did 10,000 years ago. Below are some benefits!
5 Paleo Diet Health Benefits
1. It's unprocessed. Simply put, cavewoman didn't have to worry about eating organic because everything was organic and natural without preservatives and artificial ingredients. Following the Paleo Diet helps you to eat a clean diet.
2. It reduces bloat. Want flatter abs? Reduce bloat by getting more fiber, drinking water and avoiding salt. All principles of the Paleo Diet!
3. It's high in fruits and vegetables. Besides protein, the majority of the Paleo Diet eating plan is made up of a diet rich in fruits and vegetables. Getting five a day in is no problem!
4. It's high in healthy fats. The Paleo Diet is high in omega-3 rich fish and nuts. These protein sources are full of healthy fats!
5. It's filling. This nutrient-rich diet plan is also quite filling. Between the proteins, the healthy fats and the fruits and veggies, it's hard to go hungry.
Jennipher Walters is the CEO and co-founder of the healthy living websites FitBottomedGirls.com and FitBottomedMamas.com. A certified personal trainer, lifestyle and weight management coach and group exercise instructor, she also holds an MA in health journalism and regularly writes about all things fitness and wellness for various online publications.