5 Active and Fun Ways to Celebrate 11-11-11
Today is a bit of a numerical holiday. While some believe that the meaning of 11-11-11 is divine in nature, others believe it may signal the end of the world - and others say it's just another day. No matter what you think the meaning of 11-11-11 is (if anything at all), here are five fun ways to celebrate!
5 Active Ways to Celebrate 11-11-11
1. Do some yoga. Many spiritual types believe that repetition of the number 11 means balance of emotion, thought and spirit. So today would pretty much be the best time ever to try yoga or some other form of mind-body exercise. Get your zen on!
2. Blog or leave a comment. Many are declaring 11-11-11 as a day to celebrate binary code (all of those ones!). Whether or not you understand binary code, do something fun on the computer today that supports your health like blogging about your healthy lifestyle or leaving a comment below on how you're celebrating 11-11-11!
3. Work your core. The number one looks like a pillar. So we think today is the perfect day to work your pillar, AKA your core! Try these core exercises at home!
4. Do one-minute intervals. Find the cardio meaning in 11-11-11 by doing one-minute intervals of running fast, followed by one minute of walking. Repeat for as long as you have to work out for a great cardio workout!
5. Make a change for the healthier. The number one is the start of something. So with all those ones in today's date, use today as the first day you do something a little healthier. Maybe you skip the cream in your coffee or take the stairs instead of the elevator or limit yourself to just one beer at happy hour. No matter the change, do something for your health!
How are you celebrating 11-11-11? What do you think the meaning of 11-11-11 is?
Jennipher Walters is the CEO and co-founder of the healthy living websites FitBottomedGirls.com and FitBottomedMamas.com. A certified personal trainer, lifestyle and weight management coach and group exercise instructor, she also holds an MA in health journalism and regularly writes about all things fitness and wellness for various online publications.