Hollywood sure has been healthy this week—and you’ll never guess who’s sweating it out, who’s taking some needed time off, and who got engaged! What stories have you talking? Tweet us @Shape_Magazine, tag us on @Instagram, or comment below.
1. Beauty and brains. Pitch Perfect star and Elle cover model Anna Kendrick is thankful for one thing: “I think I’m lucky that I’ve never had a crisis about whether the only reason I’m successful is because I’m crazy hot,” the actress half-jokingly admitted. The sexy star swears she hasn't been hit on for five years and says she's tried never to rely on her looks. "When I was a teenager, I was an ultra late bloomer, and my mom would say it was a blessing, because it means you never have to wonder if guys are only interested in you because you’ve got boobs,” shared Kendrick. “I would have been thrilled if guys were interested in me because of my boobs!"
2. Have your cake and eat it too. Self-described exercise hater Sofia Vergara knows how to motivate herself during a workout: “Lunch brake abs torture by Chi Bui. #thenIgogetcake,” joked the Modern Family star on a mid-workout pic. However, Vergara understands the benefits of good health after suffering from thyroid cancer at 28. “I think it’s important to accept that [fitness is] part of modern life—that it’s been proven that it helps you with everything,” the actress told The New York Times last year. “You have to make a conscious decision to do it if you want to age well and live longer.”
3. Gwyneth and Beyoncé are BFFs. Gal pals Gwyneth Paltrow and Beyoncé are getting some much-needed R&R by taking a four-day retreat together. Daily Mail reports that the two A-listers have checked into an exclusive California complex where they plan to meditate, go on long walks, and sample local wine. “Gwyneth reckons this is just what her friend needs to get her energy back,” dished one source, alluding to Beyoncé’s hectic schedule during her current “On The Run” tour. Need some time away yourself? Plan a yoga getaway with your girlfriends!
4. A personal win. Olympic ice dancer Charlie White struck gold with a ring of a different kind this week! The gold metal-winning athlete got engaged to fellow ice-dancing medalist Tanith Belbin while in Hawaii this week and shared the exciting news on Instagram saying, "Couldn't ask for a more beautiful setting for the best time in our life! Hashtag she said yes!!!" Since White has famously shown his dance moves on and off the ice with his partner Meryl Davis—the two went on to compete on Dancing With the Stars following their Sochi victory—we’re sure this first dance will be a good one!
5. The Kimye wedding photos are in. Say what you want about Kim Kardashian and Kanye, but they sure know how to throw a gorgeous wedding. It's officially been two weeks since the duo tied the knot at romantic Belvedere Fort in Florence, Italy, and you may have seen the elaborate cake, Kim's ethereal-looking gown, or their fabulous first kiss, but you certainly haven't seen the last of the photos. E! Online has even more behind-the-scene shots you won't want to miss. Click over to check out baby North in her custom-made Givenchy, Kanye having a quiet moment with the pastor, and more.