If April showers bring May flowers, then these celebs will be the first to get outside and run through them. See which celebs topped our roundup of fierce, fit females this week!
1. Feeding her face. Counscious uncoupling hasn't kept Gwyneth Paltrow from doing what she seems to love most: being one with nature and living a healthy lifestyle. The actress divulged her secrets for radiant skin on Twitter, saying "Hot water and a washcloth." She added, "Put your face in a bowl of ice water and repeat to reduce swelling and bring fresh blood flow to your face.” The star also credits organic cold-pressed sesame oil as well as an all-around healthy lifestyle, though she admits she didn't really start taking care of her skin until she turned 39. "As dorky as it sounds...to be in nature and a good nap never hurt anyone," she said.
2. A dirty fitness secret. We’re not one for drama, but the Kardashian sisters’ latest mess caught our attention! Khloe and Kim Kardashian participated in a Mud Run this Saturday in California. The two reality stars shared bandana-clad selfies from the race. "We Mud Run This Town," Kim captioned one pic.
3. Birthday biceps. After all the fun and celebrating (plus delicious cake, we're sure!), Jessica Alba hit the gym for a post-birthday workout. Flexing her biceps for Instagram, the actress wrote, “That @privatetrainer and I decided to be twins today in our gym fashions #workout #blackNred.” And at 33, Alba is looking stronger than ever. She previously told Examiner, "I like dancing and I like interval training on a treadmill, with sprinting and then uphill walking, then sprint, then uphill walk, then sprint.”
4. A sad ending. Officials are speculating that drugs likely played a role in the death of Peaches Geldof, a television personality, writer, and socialite. While an initial post-mortem proved inconclusive, a second round of forensic samples that were obtained showed that Geldof, 25, had high levels of heroin in her system at her time of death. Geldof, whose mother Paula Yates also died of a heroin overdose, leaves behind two children.
5. Loving thy selfie. It's hard for most women to open up about body image, and celebrities are no exception. While making an appearance on the Today show to talk about her favorite charity, Sophia Bush admitted that she struggled for years with body confidence saying, “I'm a woman and it's a struggle for all of us. It took me until this point in my life at 31 to say, ‘Hey, yeah I'm going to embrace my body and own it for me, not anyone else."