And a fun Pinterest pin to remind you
We all know the many healthy benefits of a plant-based diet, from weight loss to getting the vitamins and minerals our bodies need to stay healthy to looking more attractive. But those perks are not always easy to remember when pepperoni pizza or carnitas tacos are staring you in the face.
That’s why we created the image here as a simple reminder to help you reach the recommended seven daily servings of fruits and vegetables. Pin this graphic to commit to adding more plants to your diet or to show that you already have!
To make it even easier, we’ve rounded up 11 sneaky ways to get more greens (and reds, and oranges, and purples….) in your diet—without a salad in sight! Check them out below, And don’t forget to follow @shapemagazine on Pinterest for more healthy inspiration like these awesome vegetarian and vegan meals.
1. Spinach and Tomato Frittata Start the day with this veggie-packed egg dish.
2. Kale Apple Pineapple Chia Seed Juice This monumental blend from Jamba Juice combines fresh fruits, chia seeds, and a full serving of kale (your taste buds will never know!) to keep you full and energized for hours.
3. Cranberry Apple Sauce Instead of a sugary midmorning snack, pack in two kinds of fruit with just the right amount of natural sweetness.
4. Spaghetti Squash Noodle Soup Ditch the noodles and get one more vegetable in this Asian-inspired vegetarian soup.
5. Gourmet Pumpkin Pizza A pumpkin and tomato-based sauce gives your pie a nutritional one-two punch.
6. Quinoa Stuffed Red Bell Peppers This recipe literally packs the veggies in—inside another veggie!
7. Kale Nachos Swapping crunchy kale for tortilla chips save you tons of calories and fat while upping your nutrient intake in one fell swoop.
8. Cinnamon Apple Butter Swap your usual spread to slather a serving of produce on top of toast.
9. Squash, Spinach, and Sage Risotto Kabocha squash adds to both the creaminess of risotto and to your servings of veggies.
10. Red Pepper Hummus It’s a double-duty dip! Dunking sliced crudités in this vegetable-spiked hummus is a sure way to hit seven a day.
11. Sweet Potato Muffin Even a sweet treat like these muffins can provide you with a serving of fiber-packed veggies.