Eat up the health benefits of pineapple with these delicious recipes.
If you're already sad that summer has come and gone this year, why not perk up your day by eating some pineapple? Pineapple is a good-for-your food that's high in vitamin C and the enzyme bromelain that is a natural anti-inflammatory that encourages healing. Other pineapple health benefits? This sweet fruit is also full of fiber and is said to be good for the digestive system! While eating fresh pineapple is always delicious, there a number of ways to enjoy this healthy fruit. Read on for our five favorite pineapple recipes!
5 Pineapple Recipes to Try
1. Poached Shrimp With Cress, Herbs, and Pineapple. We just love how the sweet pineapple pairs with the shrimp and veggies in this salad. Delish!
2. Mandarian Orange and Pineapple Parfait. Everyone loves a parfait! This fruity pineapple recipe even has a sprinkling of peanuts for extra protein.
3. US Open Fruit Salad. The next time you need to bring a dish to share, why not make this fruit-salad recipe that features pineapple, blueberries, papaya and strawberries?
4. Pomegranate & Pineapple Kombucha Granita. This kombucha granita served in a hollowed-out pinneapple couldn't be cuter.
5. Mandarin Pineapple Popsicles. This pineapple recipe is one of our favorite frozen treats! The flax meal ups the fiber, boosting the health benefits of pineapple.
So what are you waiting for? Enjoy the health benefits of pineapple today with these pineapple recipes!