Wanting to shake up your workout routine? Try one of these five new fitness classes that are fun and burn major calories!
If there's one thing you can say about fitness, it's that there are always new workouts to try. And that statement might be the most true when it comes to group exercise classes. And lately, there have been some really fun fitness classes to come out!
I recently had the chance to attend the Jamba Juice Live Fruitfully Fitness Expo in Los Angeles where I got to try lots of fun new classes. Here are five that caught my eye — and were amazingly effective and fun. Try one, two or all of them to shake up your workout routine!
5 New Fitness Classes to Try
1. Hoopnotica. Talk about getting in touch with your inner child! This classes uses a weighted hula hoop to work your core and get your heart rate up. With instruction on how to get hooping forward, backward, high and low on your core, you can expect to burn upwards of 400 calories an hour in Hoopnotica!
2. Bollywood Dance. If you love dance workout classes, then you should totally try a Bollywood Dance classes. These types of classes are offered by different instructors across the country, but I got to try one with Rahul Nath, the creator of Bollywood Aerobics. Set up with a Zumba-like format, Bollywood Dance brings the flavor of India to your workout for a high-energy dance workout.
3. Pound Rockout Workout. Whether you're a musician or not, this incredibly fun class incorporates drumming with a full-body workout. With lunges, squats, core work and more, it gets your heart rate up while you play drumsticks to the beat of loud high-energy music. Even if you're not musically inclined, Pound Rockout Workout is a poundin' good time!
4. ViPR. Tired of your usual bootcamp or strength class? The ViPR class is intense and fun! With lots of athletic-type drills, plyometrics, and traditional moves like lunges and squats, you hold a large rubber cylinder that's weighted for a true cardio and strength workout. It's hard, but it's incredibly effective and works your body in every direction!
5. Cardio Jumprope. Most of us haven't jumped rope since grade school, but if you have a jump-roping class in your area, you should definitely try it. A fantastic cardio workout and calorie-burner, jumping rope also helps boost coordination, focus and balance. The Cardio Jumprope class I tried by Foxy and Fierce mixed punching intervals with rounds of jump-roping for a challenging yet fun well-rounded class.
Will you try any of these new workouts? What cool new group exercise classes would you add to this list?
Jennipher Walters is the CEO and co-founder of the healthy living websites FitBottomedGirls.com and FitBottomedMamas.com. A certified personal trainer, lifestyle and weight management coach and group exercise instructor, she also holds an MA in health journalism and regularly writes about all things fitness and wellness for various online publications.