They're here!! The holidays are upon us! Turkeys, hams, sweet potato pie, cakes cookies, egg nog, and of course the champagne toasts. This is all well and good. We are meant to enjoy the fruits of our labors, let go a little and relax.
There is however one great setback to all the festivities: weight gain depression.
Here are some tips to avoiding the dreaded 5 to 10 lb. weight addition.
1. Maintain your workout regime. If you don't have time to leave the house, invest in one of my dvd's (available on Amazon) and get the family involved.
2. Try adding in a 20 minute walk 2 or 3 times a week.
3. Don't eat while you cook.
4. Eat slowly.
5. Really think about it before you go back for seconds.
6. Try to have your big meals mid-afternoon.
7 Don't go to sleep right after eating.
Those simple tips will help avoid weight gain and maybe help you enjoy the holidays even more!!