Get the Hottest 2014 Grammy Looks at Home
Ciara definitely worked the glow from head to toe, wearing a glittering gold Pucci gown with metallic makeup to match. “Our inspiration is a reflection of Ciara's signature clean, flawless, and bronze-toned palette with a hint of color on the lips for more evening drama,” says her makeup artist, Yolonda Frederick, who shared how to recreate the look.
1. Lightly apply Fashion Fair Perfect Finish Soufflé foundation with a foundation brush, followed by a yellow-based Chanel concealer. Set the foundation with loose powder by MAC using a puff, then dust off excess powder with a powder brush.
2. Base the eyelids and lash lines with MAC cream eye shadow in Construction, then blend and highlight with MAC reflective pigment in Tan. Contour the outside and crease of the eyes with Laura Geller Baked Marble Eye Shadow in Devil's Food, then finish the look with a natural and wispy false lash topped with Voluminous Million Lashes black mascara by L'Oreal for added drama.
4. Contour lips with a neutral pencil like MAC's Cork. To keep the look sweet yet sexy, use only a hint of lip color like MAC's Ravishing Crème Sheen lipstick and highlight the center with Black Opal's Color Splurge Lustre Gloss in Cheeky.
Rita Ora was a stunning vision of old Hollywood glam wearing a sparkling knee-length Lanvin frock complete with a faux bob and smoldering makeup. “Her gorgeous metallic green dress had a cool purple iridescent highlight I loved, so we decided to pick up on a similar color for the eyes, making the smokey amethyst jewel color the focus,” says her makeup artist, Kathy Jeung. “Her eyes were framed by a softly structured brow and a neutral, matte lip with a hint of pink and subtle sculpting with bronzer and a wash of pink blush.” Get the look using these products.
Anastasia Brow Wiz Eyebrow Pencil in Brunette
Jouer Powder Eye Shadow in Pecan (on the brow bone)
Cargo Swimmables Waterproof Eye Pencil in 05 Pfeiffer Beach (inside inner rim)
Sephora Waterproof Jumbo Liner 12HR Wear in purple matte (line all around eye along lash line)
Chanel Eye Shadow Duo in 20 Orient Express (on lid and along lower lash line over pencil; for extra staying power, layer and diffuse)
Dior Couture Color Eye Shadow Palette in 970 Stylish Move (deep Burgundy purple color in crease)
Rimmel Scandal Eyes Retro Glam Mascara in Black
Paris Hilton was a bare-backed beauty in a slinky white Christina Milani dress, surpassed only by her show-stopping hair and makeup. “Her updo gave her dress the attention it deserved while also spotlighting how soft and pretty her makeup was,” says hairstylist Melissa Schleicher. She shares how to sport teased tresses inspired by Hilton’s look.
1. Apply Kerastase Mousse Bouffante to wet hair, then blow out, focusing on major height at the crown. Put hair in medium-sized hot rollers and leave to set for 20 minutes.
2. Take out rollers and tease hair at the base all around the head, smoothing it on the outside only. Flip head over and spritz Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray for extra fullness and grit, then gather hair into a knot near the nape with bobby pins, keeping it messy. Finish with Oribe Superfine Strong hairspray to lock in place.
And for glowing goddess skin (a major trend of the evening!), follow these steps from makeup expert Margina Dennis, who has worked with the likes of Lea Michele and Petra Nemcova.
2. Make the eyes pop with Le Metier de Beaute True Eye Color Shadows in Spicy and Noir topped with It Cosmetics Hello Lashes Mascara.
Taylor Swift was totally on-trend with her bronde locks pulled into a modern, mid-height ponytail, while her stormy silver eye shadow complimented her dazzling Gucci gown. To recreate a similar look, makeup guru Margina Dennis recommends.
2. Apply Clarins Radiance Boosting Complexion Base, then 3 Custom Color Concealer under the eyes, and Sisley Paris Transmat Botanical makeup with Cucumber on the face.
3. Swipe Laura Mercier Sugar Violet Lip Stain on lips.
4. For a subtle sheen to the arms and legs, try Josie Maran Argan Oil Light.
5. Apply Oribe Grandiose Hair Plumping Mousse to hair, then set with hot rollers. Add a Bump-It, brush hair into a ponytail, and secure with an elastic. Phyto Phytolaque Finishing Spray helps to keep every strand in place.
Chrissy Teigen was nothing short of fabulous at music’s biggest night, showcasing a look that was even brighter than her charisma. Her makeup artist, Mary Phillips, used the following products to create Teigen’s gorgeous, sun-kissed glow.
Teigen’s rockin’ do gave off an "edgy yet boho vibe,” Schleicher says. Follow her tips to achieve a similar look:
1. Spritz Oribe Après Beach Wave and Shine Spray on wet hair, then dry upside-down to pump up the volume.
2. Use a one-inch curling iron (such as the Jose Eber Trio Clipless Iron) to create loose, messy, beachy-type waves, curling hair in one-inch sections and making sure to leave the ends out.
3. Tease hair at top of head (just at the base) and start a French braid on one side, using a clear rubber band with bobby pins to secure. Finish with Shu Uemura Sheer Lacquer hairspray to set.
We were totally Drunk in Love with Beyoncé’s performance, and her sizzling on-stage style did not disappoint. Bey’s bob was back, mirroring the hairstyle she had in the video for the chart-topping song. While Francesca Tolot was the mastermind behind her incredible look, beauty expert Sir John, who also works with Queen B, said this smoldering, post-sex glow is all about perfecting the skin. "Keep your foundation minimal with sheer coverage," he says. “And don’t go with a heavy lash. Work with the silhouette of the eye with a couple of individual lashes and a good mascara. Saturate your lower lid with color—you can use a black or even a dark brown or plum, just leave the top sheer; your brow bone should be clear. That’s what makes this look so wearable and modern.”
He suggests a stain on the part of the cheeks that protrude the most when you smile. "And be sure to highlight your cheekbones with something with a pearlescent quality so you have a nice sculpted look," he adds.
Pink wore an amazing red dress that enhanced her statuesque physique, so her look was about a graphic eye and a nude lip. Use these steps to mimic it.
1. Use a small amount of Cover Girl truBlend Liquid Makeup, mainly through the T-zone, for a uniform look and to give a photo finish for the base. Highlight the high planes of the face, cheekbones, jawline, and crest of the upper lip using Cover Girl truMagic Luminizer. Sculpt the cheekbones, jawline, and temples with Cover Girl truMagic Sunkisser to add warmth and dimension. Use truMagic Luminizer on the some of the exposed parts of your body to get that extra glow. On the lid, brow bone, and the inner corner of the eye, use truBlend FixStick to add a touch of brightness and define the brow.
2. Paint a sharp black line along the base of the lashes using Cover Girl Bombshell Intensity Liner in Pitch Black Passion. Build the line into a graphic shape in the outer third of the lid with a black shadow such as Cover Girl Flamed Out Shadow Pot in Molten Black. Curl the lashes and add Cover Girl Bombshell Volume Mascara by Lashblast for extra volume and intensity.
3. Apply Cover Girl Queen Collection Lip Color in Coffee Break and LipPerfection Lipliner in Seduce to lips.
4. Perfect and elongate brows using Cover Girl Brow & Eyemakers Pencil in Soft Blonde and set in place with clear gel.