Dancing with the Stars Week 2 Performance Recap
Last night kicked off week 2 of Dancing with the Stars Season 13, and some of this season's celebs are already stepping up their game. We're not in total agreement with the judges' scores but here's our take on our favorite DWTS cast performances.
• JR Martiez and Karina Smirnoff were our favorite pair with a lively jive. The dance was so much fun! JR could not have put more personality or energy into this number. If you were just tuning in, you may not have known which dancer was the pro. And did anyone see his split jump at the beginning? Amazing height and flexibility! We also loved that the pair jumped right into the dance with a number of lifts, unlike leader Ricki Lake, who had a bit of posing before she got moving. JR's jive earned him 21 points.
• Don't get us wrong... we thought Ricki Lake and Derek Hough who earned the top spot with 23 points were great, but not better than JR. Their jive just wasn't as fun and it seemed like Derek was doing most of the work. We did however love Ricki's sparkly nude and pink fringe costume. She looked tight, toned and totally confident.
• Although we don't see how Rob Kardashian and Cheryl Burke scored a 21, the same number of points as JR and Karina, we really enjoyed his jive as well. Somehow Rob's performance was incredibly endearing. He was clearly trying hard but seemed to enjoy himself. It was almost like watching a child at their first dance recital. Nonetheless we agree with judge Carrie Ann Inaba, who said that Rob is better than his sister, former Dancing with the Stars cast member Kim Kardashian. We hope to see Rob stick around and improve this season on DWTS.
• Other notable performances include Kristien Cavallari, who danced with Mark Ballas and looked gorgeous as Marilyn Monroe in her quick step to Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend putting them in second place with 22 points.
• David Arquette's jive with Kym Johnson was a bit of a let down and the judges agreed awarding them just 18 points. We agree with David, the dance is too much like him, silly and complicated. But we did love seeing daughter Coco catch her dad's jacket when he threw it into the audience.
• Although they also scored 21 points, we expect to see Elisabetta Canalis and Val Chmerkovskiy go home in the near future. Maybe it's the language barrier but the Dancing with the Stars cast mates do not seem to get along in rehearsals and Elizabetta's performance may have been worse than last week.
Dancing with the Stars scores for week 2:• Ricki Lake and Derek Hough – 23 points• Kristin Cavallari and Mark Ballas – 22 points • Chynna Phillips and Tony Dovolani – 21 points• J.R. Martinez and Karina Smirnoff – 21 points• Nancy Grace and Tristan MacManus – 21 points• Rob Kardashian and Cheryl Burke – 21 points• Elisabetta Canalis and Val Chmerkovskiy – 21 points• Hope Solo and Maksim Chmerkovskiy – 19 points• David Arquette and Kym Johnson – 18 points• Carson Kressley and Anna Trebunskaya – 18 points• Chaz Bono and Lacey Schwimmer – 17 points What do you think about Dancing with the Stars week 2 performances? Do you agree with the DWTS judges scores?