How Hollywood's newest sweetheart is taking the Internet by storm.
If you want to know who is one of the most asked about celebrities online—above Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Aniston—just google Ariana Grande.
The adorable actress, singer, and dancer stars as Cat Valentine on the oh-so-popular Nickelodeon show Victorious and her first single “Put Your Hearts Up” recently had a huge debut on the pop charts. And oh yeah…she also has more than 1.2 million Twitter followers, to boot.
At just 18 years old, the talented starlet is taking Hollywood—and the Internet—by storm. But through all this fame, we love that she has such a healthy attitude when it comes to her body image and all things fitness.
“Too many young girls have eating disorders due to low self-esteem and a distorted body image,” she says. “I think it’s so important for girls to love themselves and to treat their bodies respectfully.”
Eating well, working out, and loving herself every step of the way is what makes her a great example for our daughters, too! That’s why we were excited when the beautiful, down-to-earth young lady shared with us 10 fun fitness secrets. Read on for more!
1. She loves to do elliptical workouts to Nicki Minaj and Bruno Mars music.
2. Hiking is her new favorite hobby. “I jog up to the Hollywood sign every weekend. It’s fun and what a view!” Grande says.
3. She uses dance rehearsals as her cardio workout. “Nothing burns more calories than dancing in 5-inch heels…try it!” she says.
4. She meditates on a daily basis. “Meditation is a great way to keep my body well-centered while juggling shooting schedules and recording sessions,” the adorable star says.
5. She gets tons of exercise chasing her puppy around her backyard. “Coco loves it and so do I!” the fit female says.
6. She thinks coconut water is the best drink in the world. “I always have a bottle next to me,” Grande says.
7. Salmon is her favorite healthy dinner. “I eat it practically every day,” the actress and singer reveals. “It’s high in Omega 3s and is great lean protein.”
8. Madonna is her fitness role model. “She is an incredibly fit and inspiring icon,” Grande says.
9. Almonds and cashews keep her energized. “They make great healthy snacks to keep me energized throughout my day!” she says.
10. Her fitness philosophy includes all things healthy. “Eat healthy, drink lots of water, exercise daily, and meditate!” Grande reveals.
Catch Ariana Grande starring in Victorious on Nickelodeon, and for upcoming tour dates be sure to check out her website!