10 Fun Fitness Facts with Samaire Armstrong
The stylish actress shares how much she could squat at age 14 (a lot!) and more.
Samaire Armstrong made a name for herself on hit shows like Entourage, The O.C., Dirty Sexy Money, and most recently The Mentalist, but don't miss her heating up the big screen too! The Hollywood hottie currently stars in the indy feature Around June, in theatres today (February 24).
The spunky, adorable actress (who is also a budding fashion designer) is a true chameleon when it comes to her both her roles and her looks, and through it all, she always manages to look so incredibly chic!
Aside from having such a great sense of style, the same goes for her workout routine. We can't help but love her healthy perspective when it comes to all things fitness.
"I've spent most of my life doing some sort of exercise, but I've learned to never push myself into doing it," Armstrong says. "I know that when I am up for it I will, and when I'm not in the mood to, I don't make myself feel badly over it."
That's why we were excited when the charming, down-to-earth star shared 10 fun fitness secrets with us. Read on for more!
1. By the time Armstrong was 14, she could clean 135 lbs. and quarter squat 315 lbs.
2. She loves Japanese Iced Green Tea in a can. "It reminds me of growing up as a kid," Armstrong says. "It is also a fantastic alternative to coffee or sugar-free Red Bull."
3. She has gymnastics training.
4. She loves Edamame. "It's a favorite snack of mine!" the actress says.
5. Her family owns a training center in Sedona, Ariz. called Spartan Training Center.
6. Thinking about going on a run gives her anxiety. "I just don't like running," she admits.
7. She was MVP on her JV Volleyball Team.
8. She is a serial monogamist when it comes to working out. "I will spend three months straight going to Bikram Yoga at 6:30 a.m., then the next three months hiking every afternoon," Armstrong says. "Pilates the next, and so on…"
9. She used to work out with her dad two to three times a week before school at 6:30 a.m.
10. She's a big fan of Pilates. "I found that doing Pilates consistently three to four times a week had an amazing effect on really toning and shaping a tight waist and legs," Armstrong says.
Check out Armstrong's newest movie, Around June, in theatres now!