The knockout American Pie star is back and better than ever.
America’s favorite exchange student is back and better than ever! That’s right, brunette hottie Shannon Elizabeth returns to theatres in the latest installment of the American Pie franchise, American Reunion.
It’s hard to believe it’s been 13 years since Nadia first heated up the big screen (and Jim’s bedroom!), but the knockout actress still has us amazed by her ageless beauty and killer bod to match.
That’s why we were thrilled when the gorgeous star herself shared 10 fun fitness secrets with us. Read on for more!
1. She loves to take Cardio Barre classes. “This workout hits everything—your arms, legs, abs… everything women want to tighten and tone, it does it!”
2. She believes in being healthy, but not diets. “I’m vegetarian so eating right definitely gives me the energy you need.”
3. She likes to go hiking, especially at Runyon Canyon in Hollywood. “I take my five rescue dogs; They love it too!”
4. She’s not a fan of Pilates. “The first time I tried it, I didn’t get it,” Elizabeth says. “But maybe I just need to find the right instructor to change my mind.”
5. Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, oatmeal with nuts and berries, dark green kale salads, and tomatoes are some of her favorite healthy snacks. “It’s funny though because I used to hate Brussels sprouts, but now I love them, ” she says. “Veggies dark in color have more nutrients and are so good for you!”
6. She is a proponent of change. “Clean your system out and experiment with different foods to find out what works for your body.”
7. One of her guilty pleasures is sweet potato fries. “I love them when they’re crunchy and really well done!” she says. “I also love anything chocolate... oreo shakes, cookies. But I try to get the gluten-free ones because they’re sweetened a little more naturally.”
8. Her fitness role models are Kelly Ripa and Jessica Biel. “Other people in general inspire me,” Elizabeth says. “Anyone with great arms, a great butt… they all motivate me to work out. Visualize what you want and go get it!”
9. Meditating is a necessity. “If you take an hour out of your day to meditate, you will progress ten-fold. By staying mentally focused, you can let your worries go.”
10. Yoga is a great way to multi-task. “Yoga is the perfect way to de-stress and work out at the same time,” she says.
Check out Shannon Elizabeth’s newest movie, American Reunion, in theatres now!
About Kristen Aldridge
Kristen lends her pop culture expertise to ! as host of "omg! NOW." Receiving millions of hits per day, the hugely popular daily entertainment news program is one of the most-watched on the web. As a seasoned entertainment journalist, pop culture expert, and lover of all things creative, she is founder of positivelycelebrity.com and recently launched her own celeb-inspired and . Connect with Kristen to talk all via Twitter and Facebook, or visit her official website.