Fun facts about the Happy Endings star and SHAPE cover model you won't find in the issue!
Although Canadian-born beauty Elisha Cuthbert has been acting since she was 9 years old, appearing in hit movies like Old School and Love Actually, it was her role as Kim Bauer on 24 that made people sit up and take notice. Now everybody's favorite girl next door is starring as Alex, one of a group of friends trying to navigate love, life, and everything in between in the ABC hit Happy Endings.
Our February cover model spills her secrets on staying fit, eating right, and how she really feels about turning 30 this year in the latest issue of SHAPE, on newsstands now. But there were a few fun facts that didn't make it to press—and were too good to keep to ourselves!
1. She speaks French. Cuthbert, who was born in Calgary, lived there until she was 11 years old, when her family packed their bags for Montreal. "We did a lot of moving around when I was younger," she says. "We lived in Vancouver for a while, and then Montreal, which was so foreign to us with everyone speaking French. It was wild!"
2. She paints to relieve stress. "Sometimes when you've been acting for so long, you get burnt out on it," Cuthbert says. "Painting was always sort of my outlet. I work mostly in acrylics, but it's always different. I do a lot of portrait stuff." When she's not acting or painting, the blonde bombshell can also be found cooking or hiking outdoors.
3. She's always traveling back and forth between L.A. and Toronto. Cuthbert, who is dating Toronto Maple Leaf's hockey player Dion Phaneuf, splits her time between the two cities and flies to Canada every weekend.
4. She's not a fan of junk food. "I'm more likely to splurge on a savory dish than a sweet one," she says. "But that's because I'm not much of a junk-food eater. I think that comes from being on set so much and having the craft table that's full of doughnuts and sweets throughout the day."
5. But she does drink wine. "I used to drink a lot of Cabernet Sauvignon, which is a heavy, full wine," she says. "Lately, I've been drinking a lot of wines that don't have as much body to them."
To get more of Cuthbert's take on life, love, fitness, and food, go out and get your February issue of SHAPE while it's still available!