Halle Berry Shared Her Fitness Goals for 2019 and They're Intense AF
Berry already has a crazy-strong body—but her new goals take her fitness to the next level.
As you're working to fine-tune your New Year's resolutions, take a moment to score some inspo from badass Halle Berry. ICYDK, over the past few months, the actress has been doing a weekly #FitnessFriday video series on Instagram, sharing workout tips with the help of her trainer Peter Lee Thomas.
Last week, she shared her top five resolutions for 2019, as well as how she plans to follow through with them. "If you're the type of person that purchases a gym membership Jan 1st but doesn't end up really using it, I'm talking to you," she wrote on Instagram. "This #FitnessFriday is all about setting realistic goals and intentions for yourself in the New Year! Write them down, put them somewhere you see every day and keep them as your daily motivation to stay focused and inspired on your 2019 fitness journey." (To her point, there are plenty of ways a diary or journal can be beneficial to your health and fitness goals.)
She then directed her followers to her Instagram story where she shared her own resolutions:
1. Get bangin' abs: Considering she recently shared these abs exercises for a killer core, Berry is practically there already. (P.S. Did you know her trainer thinks she has the athleticism of a 25-year-old?)
2. Learn a new martial art: Not only does Berry already incorporate MMA into her training, but she's also a huge Cris Cyborg fan. "Every once in a while I meet very special people that change the way I see the world and myself in it-this is how I feel knowing Cris Cyborg," she recently wrote on Instagram. "Not only is she arguably the greatest female #MMA fighter ever, but she is filled with passion and compassion, love and empathy, and her greatest quality." (Don't leave all the fighting to Berry and Cyborg. Here's why you should give MMA a shot.)
3. Inspire more people: It's no secret that her #FitnessFriday posts are already having a huge impact. Case in point: The time she flew lucky fan Alis Adjahoe out to California to do a hard-core boxing workout with her and her trainer. "We did a 90-minute workout, which was challenging," Adjahoe shared on Instagram. "But with Halle and Peter's encouragement and motivation, I kept up. I was the only one sweating 'bullets,' but I was determined to keep up and I did. It's never too late and you're never too old. I'm 49 and I'm doing it, so can you. Make your health your priority in 2019."
4. Run more: This is such a relatable goal. If this has been on your to-do list for quite some time but you don't know where to start, sign-up for our 30-Day Running Challenge. Whether you're looking to run faster, increase your endurance, or just get out there and start running, you'll learn how to run better in just a month. (Related: Hate Running? 25 Ways to Learn to Love It)
5. Do Bikram yoga: Berry has been practicing yoga for years. Earlier this year she opened up about how she uses the practice to meditate and ground herself during dark times. But Bikram yoga takes the practice to a whole other level. More commonly known as "hot yoga," Bikram is a specific sequence of 26 postures and two breathing exercises performed in a heated (100+ degree) room for 90 minutes straight. (Related: How Hot Should It Really Be In Hot Yoga Class?)
Feeling inspired by Berry, but think you'll need a little back-up as you get ready to crush New Year's goals of your own? Join our exclusive Goal Crushers Facebook Group as part of our 40-Day Crush-Your-Goals Challenge by Jen Widerstrom. The group is totally private, female-only, and gives you a safe space to share your accomplishments or ask for help while getting doses of advice from Widerstrom herself. Trust us, it's all the inspo you'll need to start 2019 on a positive note.