Make Kourtney Kardashian's Gingersnaps Part of Your Holiday Traditions
Snap to it, and start baking.
The Kardashian-Jenners do not take holiday traditions lightly (25-day Christmas card reveal, 'nuff said). So naturally, each sister has a yummy festive recipe up her sleeve for family gatherings each year. To do her part, Kourtney Kardashian shared on her app her signature holiday cookie recipe for these healthy gingersnaps that she makes with all the kids of the collective bunch. (Looking for more easy recipe ideas? These healthy holiday crockpot recipes will save you so much time and stress.)
Just as you'd expect from health-nut Kourt, these gingersnaps have all the same ingredients, but her recipe makes sure to use organic everything. (Want to hack your own recipe? Try these eight ways to make holiday baking healthier.) Kourtney also modified her original recipe to make these gluten-free and dairy-free, so these are a no-brainer for holiday parties where you'd like to cater to a variety of dietary needs.
Dairy- and Gluten-Free Gingersnaps
Total time: 1 hour 24 minutes
Makes: 36 to 48 cookies
- 1 cup vegan butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup organic white sugar
- 1/2 cup organic light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup organic gluten-free molasses
- 1 organic cage-free egg, lightly beaten
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon organic baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons organic ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon organic salt
- 1 cup organic ginger nibs
- 1/2 cup organic white sugar for rolling
- Using a hand mixer, combine vegan butter with sugars until smooth and fluffy.
- Add molasses and egg, and mix to combine.
- In separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients except for the 1/2 cup of white sugar reserved for rolling.
- Add dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Fold in ginger nibs and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls, roll in reserved white sugar, and place on ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake until golden, about 7 to 9 minutes.