Meghan Markle’s Kale Salad Recipe Is Mediterranean Diet-Friendly
Her simple salad dressing is one you’ll want to use all week long.
It's no secret that stumbling upon recipes from Meghan Markle's old food blog, The Tig, is an adventure every time. This time around, her Mediterranean diet-friendly kale salad caught the eye of Coking Light editors and just might just be your new favorite recipe. (Related: Here's Everything We Know About Meghan Markle's Daily Diet)
The Duchess of Sussex is passionate about healthy eating and, even though she's a royal, she still loves to cook for her loved ones. We can just imagine her whipping up this refreshing salad for her and Harry after a long day. Make it yourself using the recipe below.
Meghan Markle's Mediterranean Kale Salad Recipe
- 2 bunches of kale
- Homemade salad dressing (below)
- 1/3 cup of sliced almonds, roasted (optional)
- 8-10 dried Turkish dates, chopped
- 2 1/2 oz Parmesan cheese, shaved or coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Greek thyme honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/3 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- De-stem kale leaves and slice into long strips. Set aside.
- Add dressing ingredients to a salad bowl and whisk together.
- Add kale, dates, and almonds to bowl and combine.
- Top with Parmesan and enjoy.
This story originally appeared on CookingLight.com by Lauren Wicks.