Photo: Phil Noble/Pool/Getty Images
It's no secret that stumbling upon recipes from Meghan Markle's old food blog, The Tig, is an adventure every time. This time around, her Mediterranean diet-friendly kale salad caught the eye of Coking Light editors and just might just be your new favorite recipe. (Related: Here's Everything We Know About Meghan Markle's Daily Diet)
The Duchess of Sussex is passionate about healthy eating and, even though she's a royal, she still loves to cook for her loved ones. We can just imagine her whipping up this refreshing salad for her and Harry after a long day. Make it yourself using the recipe below.
Meghan Markle's Mediterranean Kale Salad Recipe
- 2 bunches of kale
- Homemade salad dressing (below)
- 1/3 cup of sliced almonds, roasted (optional)
- 8-10 dried Turkish dates, chopped
- 2 1/2 oz Parmesan cheese, shaved or coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Greek thyme honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/3 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- De-stem kale leaves and slice into long strips. Set aside.
- Add dressing ingredients to a salad bowl and whisk together.
- Add kale, dates, and almonds to bowl and combine.
- Top with Parmesan and enjoy.
This story originally appeared on CookingLight.com by Lauren Wicks.