The hit USA network show Psych is back! The sixth season, which premiers tonight, looks better than ever, and features a whole host of guest stars from Malcolm McDowell to William Shatner to Kristy Swanson. We managed to snag a few minutes with star Maggie Lawson, who plays Detective Juliet O'Hara on the show, and find out how she stays so fit and healthy.
The star's secret? Snacks! Lawson travels a lot for work, so she doesn't always have time to cook. Instead, she makes sure her kitchen is always stocked with easy-to-make healthy snacks that keep her satisfied and energized. Read on for five of the foods she can't live without!
1. Peanut butter and rice cakes. "Rice cakes and peanut butter is my favorite snack in the whole wide world," Lawson says. "In fact, I've got the entire crew on set hooked. It's kind of an obsession!"
2. Granny Smith apples. If rice cakes and peanut butter are this star's first food obsession, apples and peanut butter are her second!
3. Kale. The stars says she makes a kale salad that she tries to eat at least once per week.
4. Pita pizzas. When Lawson has a pizza craving, she turns to homemade pita pizzas instead. "It's a great, low-cal way to get your pizza fix," she says. "All you need is a little cheese and pita." Don't like pita? Try these healthy, tasty homemade pizzas instead!
5. Dark chocolate. The star admits that dark chocolate is her go-to sweet treat and she always keeps it in the house.