SHAPE Shares: Enjoy a Healthier Super Bowl Sunday
Even if you're not a football fan, you have to be excited for Super Bowl Sunday: Who doesn't love a high-energy party with friends, family, and delicious food? Enjoy game day without breaking the calorie bank by following these simple tips.
1. Serve a healthy menu. Avoid traditional game-day gut-busters by swapping them out for these healthier, lighter options from the editors at FitSugar.
2. Be inspired by female football players. Who says women can't play sports? These fierce women in football share their best tips for getting and staying fit, dreaming big, and playing in the big leagues.
3. Participate in our #HealthBowl! We teamed up with the editors at Greatist and healthy food delivery system NatureBox to bring you the first ever Pinterest HealthBowl. Check out the great collection of slimmed-down recipes, half-time workouts, and tips and tricks to keep your head in the game instead of at the buffet table.
4. Find out how nutritionists eat on game day. Even nutrition experts indulge now and then! Huffington Post Healthy Living rounded up the best tips from top nutritionists and dietitians to help you satisfy every craving while making sure you don't overeat.
5. Sweat with your man. Put in a quick workout before the game begins this weekend by getting your sweetie in on the action with you with this football-inspired routine.