Why Your Guy is Your Best Workout Partner
Pair up on this plan to strengthen your bond, boost libido, and build a bangin' body
When you think of romance, chances are visions of candlelit dinners, red roses, and scenic walks come to mind before a smelly, stuffy weight room. But whether you're in a serious relationship or just casually dating, exercising together is one of the best ways to boost your sex drive, work as a team, feel accomplished together, and heighten awareness of the other person's feelings. And if you're just getting to know each other, working out together offers the perfect casual setting for flirting with no strings attached.
This couples workout is designed to strengthen your bond and your body. Do 3 sets of each exercise and then hit the showers!
Reverse Lunge with Medicine Ball Pass
1. Grab a medicine ball and stand facing your partner, at least five feet away. Both take a big step back with your right foot, bending both knees, coming into a lunge. Make sure to keep your chest up and your left knee above your ankle.
2. Come back up to standing and throw the medicine ball to your partner, pressing it forward from your chest. Your partner will catch the ball at chest height, and then both of you will come back into a lunge on your left side.
3. Continue to alternate legs and passing the ball to each other. Be sure to avoid collapsing in your shoulders and back when you catch the ball. Do 10 reps on each leg.
Sit-Ups with Medicine Ball Hand-Off
1. Grab a medicine ball and sit facing your partner. Bend your knees and place both feet on top of your partner's feet to anchor them down (feet should be hip-width apart).
2. Holding the medicine ball, role down to the floor one vertebrae at a time. Bring arms directly above head.
3. Plant your lower back into the mat as you slowly curl back up to a seated position, bringing the ball overhead and forward to pass it off to your partner. Repeat the roll down without the ball as your partner does it with the ball. Continue passing until you've both done 10 reps with the medicine ball.
Side-by-Side Squat Jumps
1. Stand tall with your feet directly below hips. Bend your knees, shift hips back, and lower down as though you are sitting in a chair.
2. Swing your arms back by your sides and explosively jump off the ground, driving out of the ball of your big toe.
3. Land softly with your chest lifted. Jump right back up, coming as high off the ground as possible. Do 15 jumps.
Plank with Medicine Ball Pass
1. Stand facing your apart, about five feet away, and come into a plank position with your wrists directly below your shoulders, feet hip-width apart.
2. Bring the medicine ball under your right hand. Bend elbow and draw the ball back towards your stomach, keeping your hips level the entire time.
3. Roll the ball across to your partner, and then return your right hand to the ground, assuming a plank position. Hold here until your partner rolls the ball back.
4. Place your left hand on the ball, bend elbow and draw ball towards stomach. Press the ball back toward partner. Do 10 reps on each side.
Medicine Ball Throw-Down
1. Stand with feet hip-width apart and a slight bend in your knees. Bring ball directly overhead with straight arms.
2. Keeping your core engaged and shoulders down and back, throw the ball into the floor as hard as you can.
3. Your partner will catch the ball and perform the same movement. Continue to bounce the ball back and fourth, keeping chest up and a slight bend in the knees the entire time. Do 10 throws each.
One person will hold a plank while the other performs burpees. Once this is complete, switch exercises.
1. Place forearms on the ground with elbows directly below your, feet hip-width apart. Draw belly button up and in as you draw shoulder blades down and back. Keep hips level and your legs engaged the entire time.
2. Hold until your partner completes 10 burpees, then switch.
1. Stand with feet hip-width apart. Bend both knees, place hands on mat/floor and jump your feet back into plank.
2. Bend your elbows and lower all the way down onto your stomach. Press yourself back up into a straight-arm plank.
3. Jump your feet in and explosively press up, jumping as high off the ground as possible. Repeat steps 1-3 at a fast pace. Do 10 reps.