15 Thoughts Everyone Has During Their First Yoga Class
1. Class hasn't even started...why do I feel this weird need to whisper in the studio?
Are we even allowed to talk?
2. Where should I put my mat?
I'm def not going in the front; that's way too scary. But the way back screams "scared newbie."
3. Am I supposed to be close enough to touch the people next to me?
I feel like I need more personal space. Are personal bubbles not a thing in yoga?
4. Everyone else has super cute mats and Spiritual Gangster outfits.
Cue yoga style envy.
5. I should have gotten a pedicure.
*Tries to hide unpainted toes under yoga mat.*
6. Since when am I so unflexible?
Oh wait, I haven't been able to touch my toes since middle school gym class. And why can everyone else do this?
7. Why are we doing so many planks and push-ups?
I think they just call them fancy yoga names to trick you. I thought this was supposed to be easy!
8. Is this what I'm supposed to be doing?
How am I supposed to know what to do if my eyes are closed?
9. What if I tip over? What if I fart?
Please, yogi spirits, help me make it through this.
10. Oh god, now I keep forgetting to breathe.
Inhale, exhale, come on.
11. How can I even relax when I have SO MANY QUESTIONS?
I don't think you're supposed to have panic attacks in yoga. Must. Calm. Down.
12. This instructor does sound kind of like a hypnosis tape. It's kind of nice.
13. Alright, I'm getting the hang of this. Plank, upward facing dog, downward facing dog.
Look at me ~flowin~. This feels damn good.
14. OMG. Savasana is the best. It's like adult nap time.
I could legit fall asleep right here, right now.
15. That was actually the most refreshing thing ever.
I think I have a future as a yoga instructor.