The Very Real Thoughts You Have During a Hard HIIT Workout
May the intervals be ever in your favor.
Ah, the bittersweet sensation of surviving a ridiculously hard workout. There's nothing like being pushed to your absolute physical and mental limit with the help of burpees, push-ups, squat jumps, and a tough-as-nails instructor. If you haven't had the pleasure of experiencing one for yourself, it's time to read up on the benefits of HIIT (which stands for high-intensity interval training, ICYMI) and get started with an at-home HIIT workout, like, right now.
1. I am PUMPED. Let's do this.
My body is ~ready~.
2. Damn my instructor's bod is like a chiseled Michelangelo statue.
We will date.
3. Did he say burpees? That has to be a mistake, right?
We literally JUST started.
4. We've only been here for 5 minutes?! Warm-up my ass.
Dear Fitness gods, please let me survive the next hour.
5. OMG my palms are so sweaty. What if my butter fingers lose grip of the handle and I throw the kettlebell at the mirror?
That's 7 years of bad luck, I can't afford that.
6. Stair sprints, did I hear that right?
I'm more of an escalator type of gal.
7. "Dude, I am *paying* you to be here right now. Stop yelling at me.
I can't believe I thought we would date. As if.
8. Did I pee my pants or do I have sweat running down my legs? Oh, sweat? Great.
That's so hot.
9. This is it. I'm going to die right here, right now.
I knew I should've written a will.
10. YES. This Justin Beiber song is giving me ~life~. Hellooo second wind.
Just. five. more. minutes.
11. Hallelujah! Time for the cool down.
It's all downhill from here.
12. Is it normal for legs to shake this much?
Right leg, left leg, right leg....you got this. We just need to make it out of here. We've survived this far.
13. So, who wants burgers?