6-Week Full-Body Workout Plan for Women
With each bodyweight exercise, flexibility move, and full-body workout for women, you'll get closer and closer to your goal.
You've heard it before and you'll hear it again: Reaching your goals and transforming your body, be it by building muscle or slimming down, takes time. There are no magic shortcuts or special spells to achieve success. But with the right strategy, you can make significant progress in a matter of weeks. This full-body workout program for women promises to deliver results in just six weeks, so you can feel stronger, stat. (Related: This 30-Minute Total-Body Workout Tones from Head to Toe)
The full-body workout program for women is a combination of weighted full-body workouts for women, bodyweight workouts, and flexibility exercises that can help you build muscle and lose weight in the process. Plus, it's fairly customizable: Feel free to adjust the full-body workout plan for women to meet your personal needs (for example, rest on Wednesdays instead of Sundays). That said, you should still try to perform the workouts in the correct order if possible.
As you build strength, gradually increase the amount of weight you use during each total body workout for women to maximize your results. The last few reps of each set should be challenging but not impossible to perform with proper form. If that's not the case, then go ahead and adjust your weight accordingly. (Related: The 10 Best Exercises for Women)
Full-Body Workout Plan for Women
- Chisel and Burn: Don't be afraid to go heavy for this complete-body workout for women, since it incorporates low numbers of reps in each set. The exercises in this workout are designed to help you build muscle and also burn fat.
- Cardio: Do any cardio activity (cycling, walking, running, dancing, etc.) for 30 to 60 minutes, if desired. This can help improve your overall fitness level and also relieve muscle soreness and stiffness.
- Stretching: You'll tack this 5-minute stretching routine onto the end of every cardio workout. Stretching can not only help prevent injury but also improve circulation and help relieve stress. (And those are just a few of the benefits of stretching before and after a full-body workout for women.)
- Faster Results Workout: Complete this bodyweight workout between resistance training sessions to improve your core strength and range of motion.
- Heavy-Lifting Workout: Another female full-body workout rounds out this training plan. You'll complete four supersets to build muscle and burn calories.
The Total-Body Workout Plan
Click on the chart for a larger, printable version.