If you think yoga is just for de-stressing, then you haven't tried this flow (aka the best yoga for weight loss) from badass yogi Sadie Nardini. Not only will it de-stress you, but it will get you sweaty and shaky in just a few minutes. Add this 10-minute blast into your usual practice, or use it as a quickie workout when you don't have time to hit the gym. (Looking for more of the best yoga for weight loss? Try these metabolism-boosting poses.)
1. Start in temple pose, feet wider than hip-width apart, knees and toes pointing outwards, sinking low so that thighs are parallel to the ground. Inhale and arch back slightly to press chest forward and stick butt out, then exhale through the mouth, tongue out, while contracting core and pulling in the low belly to curl forward. Repeat for 15 breaths.
2. Remaining in temple pose, place hands in fists in front of hips, pinkie fingers pressing into hip bones. Inhale and straighten legs while reaching hands overhead. Forcefully exhale, pulling hands back down to hips, sitting back down into temple pose, and engaging core. Continue for 1 minute.
3. Come to stand and inhale, reaching arms overhead. Exhale and fold forward, bending knees so that palms can touch floor. Rock side to side a few times.
4. Inhale to stand up. Then push hips back, bend knees, and sink down into chair pose, arms extended in front of face. Exhale and stand, pulling arms down, placing fists in front of hips. Inhale to sink back into chair pose. Continue for 1 minute. For a challenge, jump during each exhale instead of standing.
5. Inhale and stand, extending arms overhead. Sweep arms down and back while exhaling and folding forward. Inhale and swing arms forward and come to stand. Then exhale and fold. Repeat for 5 or 6 breaths.
6. Repeat step 1, continuing for 15 breaths. From temple pose, step left leg to right leg to face the right corner of the mat. Exhale, pressing hands in prayer position in front of chest and sinking down into chair pose. Inhale and step left leg back out into temple pose, arms wide. Exhale and step right foot to left foot, and sinking into chair pose like on the right side. Repeat for 30 seconds, going from side to side.
7. For the next 30 seconds, continue with this motion, performing it faster. For a challenge, jump directly from temple pose into a center chair pose. Inhale during temple pose and exhale during chair pose.
8. Repeat step 3.
9. Start in a high lunge with right leg forward, legs bent at 90 degrees. Inhale and straighten legs, extending arms overhead. Then exhale and lower into lunge, pulling fists down to hips and engaging core. Repeat for 10 breaths, then lower left knee to the floor and untuck left toes. Extend arms overhead, and sink hips down to stretch right hamstring and left hip flexor. Place fingertips on either side of right leg, then shift hips back to straighten right leg and lift toes. Inhale to extend spine long, and exhale and fold over front leg. Return to high lunge, then switch legs and repeat on left side.
10. From left high lunge, step the right foot forward into forward fold. Inhale and lift chest halfway up, extending spine long, then exhale and fold. Clasp hands behind back and straighten arms to stretch overhead. Stay here for 5 breaths.