3-Ingredient Strawberry Banana Caramel Soft Serve with Almond Butter Syrup
Spring is just around the corner, which means that some of our favorite produce is about to be in season: Delicious local strawberries start showing up in April, and the berry season runs throughout the summer.
Use some of those fresh strawberries when you're whipping up this healthy banana soft serve recipe. Banana "nice" cream only requires a food processor and three ingredients: frozen banana, strawberries, and vanilla extract. We also suggest whipping up some homemade caramel sauce made with almond butter, maple syrup, a touch of sea salt, and vanilla, and swirling it into the banana soft serve for a fun twist. (Next: Delicious Vegan Ice Cream Recipes You'd Never Guess Were Dairy-Free)
Strawberry Banana Soft Serve with a Caramel Drizzle
Serves 2 to 4
For the caramel drizzle:
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons creamy almond butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
For the soft serve:
- 4 bananas, broken into chunks and frozen
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- Combine the caramel ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat. Melt the mixture until it's smooth, stirring often. Remove from heat and allow it to cool.
- Place the frozen bananas and vanilla in a high-powered food processor. Process for a few minutes until the bananas form a smooth, creamy consistency. You'll need to turn off the processor and scrape down the sides a few times.
- Dice the strawberries and add to the soft serve. Pulse for 10 seconds, or just until the strawberries are mixed into the "nice" cream.
- Remove the processor blade, and use a spoon to swirl the caramel drizzle into the soft serve.
- Spoon the "nice" cream into small bowls and eat the soft serve immediately, or store it in the freezer in a small covered baking dish. Take it out to defrost and eat whenever you want to enjoy it.
Nutrition facts per 1/4 recipe: 204 calories, 4g fat, 41g carbs, 5g fiber, 26g sugar, 3g protein