Make This Vitamin-Packed Beet Juice At Home—No Juicer Necessary
You can fuel your juice addiction at home without investing in a juicer.
Good news: You don't need to buy a juicer or regularly shell out a ton of money at a trendy juice bar to enjoy your favorite healthy beverage. All you need is a blender and a fine-mesh strainer to start juicing at home.
The options are only limited by your imagination, but this recipe from Vegukate uses the blender technique with four particularly virtuous ingredients. Beet juice has been linked to improved workout endurance, and carrots and oranges add a vitamin C boost. Then throw in some anti-inflammatory ginger for good measure. So next time you're thirsting for juice, blend this up and drink to your health.
Beet, Orange, Carrot, and Ginger Juice
- 6 oranges, freshly juiced
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 organic apple, chopped (I used Fuji)
- 1 bunch of small carrots, chopped (about 6 to 7 carrots)
- 2 medium organic beets, scrubbed and roughly chopped
- In a high-speed blender add in the oranges, ginger, apple, carrots, and beets. Blend on high for about 20 to 30 seconds until veggies and fruits are completely broken down.
- Pour blended juice through a nut-milk bag or fine-mesh strainer and into a large bowl. Use a rubber spatula or your hands (they WILL be stained for a bit) to squeeze out all the juice from the pulp.
- Pour fresh juice into an airtight glass container and store in the refrigerator. You can drink the juice right away or let it chill in the refrigerator. Juice is best consumed within 12 to 24 hours.